Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won't cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running! Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!
If you want to work with brands, making the most of your one Instagram profile link is an absolute must. Thankfully, there are companies that help you create landing pages where you can store your best blog links, other social media links, and more. While Linktree is the unofficial leader when it comes to personalizing your Instagram bio link, there are plenty of Linktree alternatives, some of which might actually be better than Linktree!
I don’t know why, but I didn’t discover Linktree until a couple of weeks ago.
Holy smokes. How could I have missed it?!
Linktree is an amazing tool that basically creates a landing page for you to share in your Instagram bio link so you can circumvent Instagram’s annoying insistence that we all have just one clickable link in our profiles.
I registered for the free version of Linktree and liked it so much that I was considering paying for the upgrade, primarily because I wanted a little bit more customization. Before committing to paying $6 per month, though, I thought I’d take a look to see if there were any viable Linktree alternatives.
Turns out that yes, there are plenty of alternatives to Linktree and some of them are pretty darn awesome! Keep reading to check out a list of companies that will help make your Instagram profile link amazing.
Linktree and Linktree Alternatives
Preview my URL: https://linktr.ee/ohsheblogs
Linktree is really the first company that made it easy to add a landing page to your Instagram bio link. Despite my slowness on this subject, Linktree has been around since 2016! While they were the first, there’s plenty of evidence that they may no longer be the best.
Pros of Linktree
1. Linktree is incredibly easy to set up
2. While limited in design, the free themes look great
3. Automatically pulls in your Instagram profile image
4. PRO users can integrate a Mailchimp newsletter sign-up form on their page
5. Very basic statistics are probably fine for most
6. It’s easy to set up for multiple accounts and toggle back and forth between accounts when necessary
Cons of Linktree
1. The free version includes very limited theme options and there’s no way to customize a theme to fit your branding unless you upgrade to the PRO version
2. Most of the best features are only available to those who upgrade to Pro
How much does Linktree cost?
The basic version of Linktree is free, but you’ll need to pay $6 per month for all the bells and whistles that are available for Pro users.
It’s clear to see why Linktree has been the queen of this space for so long. The free version is easy to use and it looks nice. It doesn’t offer much variety, though, so if you’re looking for more customization options you’re either going to have to upgrade to Pro or check out one of the Linktree alternatives.
Preview my URL: http://ohsheblogs.contactin.bio
ContactInBio is a worthy alternative to Linktree. It’s easy to use and offers different types of content that you can have on your link page. It has some features – like a contact form option – that no other service is offering at the moment.
Pros of ContactInBio
1. The interface is clean and easy to use
2. You can view your changes as you’re making them with the “live preview” feature
3. There are a bunch of different content block options and they’re all easy to add to your page
4. There are some cool features coming soon, like a shoppable Instagram feed
5. You can add a contact form directly to the page so that people can get in touch with you
6. The free theme options are nice
7. Even for a free account, the ContactinBio branding is buried at the bottom of the page
8 Detailed statistics include basic information about how many people visit your page each day, but you can also see what country they’re coming from, the date, language spoken, and more
9. Easy to become an affiliate as everyone, including free members, get an affiliate link
Cons of ContactInBio
1. The page looks odd on a desktop, as everything is stretched oddly across the page.
2. My profile photo was oddly squished and there’s no way to adjust this.
3. All page elements are fairly large, so depending on what you choose to add to your page, you’re only going to be able to see a couple of items on a mobile device without scrolling.
4. The contact page element is fantastic, but it’d be nice if you could send those messages to your email inbox, instead of the ContactInBio “inbox.”
5. Inability to edit content blocks once you add them. In order to edit, you have to delete then re-add.
How much does ContactInBio Cost?
Free, unless you choose to upgrade! In fact, ContactInBio has one of the best free plans of all of the Linktree alternatives!
Business Option: The Business Option for ContactInBio costs $7 per month or $48 per year. With an upgrade to the business option, you’ll get complete customization over text, link, and button colors, as well as more customized page design options. You’ll be able to upload an unlimited number of videos and images to your page, and Facebook pixel integration is supported.
In terms of options that can appear on your landing page, ContactInBio is ahead of the pack. Having a contact form is absolutely brilliant! I’m not 100 percent sold on this being the best of the Linktree alternatives, though, because the styling is just a little bit wonky. They also need to make it possible to edit the content blocks you add to your page without needing to delete them.
Preview My URL: https://linkinprofile.com/shopgirldaily
Link in Profile is different from the other Linktree alternatives on this list. In order for this option to work, you need to include a clickable link in your Instagram post. When Link in Profile detects a clickable link, that Instagram photo gets added to a page. When people click the Link in Profile link in your Instagram bio, they’ll see all of the posts where you included clickable links and be able to click them from there. I’m sorry if that doesn’t make any sense – please click my URL above to get a better sense of how this works.
Pros of Link in Profile
1. Great for affiliate links, or when you do a sponsored campaign and they ask you to include a link in your bio. This is easier and the link will remain active until you remove it from the caption of your photo.
Cons of Link in Profile
1. Doesn’t offer the full landing page look that many of the other alternatives to Linktree offer.
2. No customizations available since it’s pulling the data direct from whatever you put on Instagram.
How much does Link in Profile Cost?
This service costs $9.99 per month or $99 per year.
Preview my URL: lnk.bio/ohsheblogs
I wasn’t expecting to like Lnk.bio, primarily because the pricing options annoyed me. After creating my profile page, however, I fell in love. More than anything, Lnk.bio offers a simple but elegant interface that I adore.
Pros of Lnk.bio
1. You have the option to schedule new links to appear on your profile, which is great if you have a paid campaign coming up and you want to schedule the Instagram link to go live when your post goes live
2. Automatically pulls in your Instagram profile photo
3. Lets you add a custom image to go alongside any link you add to your page
4. You can edit links, including changing the image, without deleting the entire link and starting over again
5. Ability to add a tracking code and extended bio
6. You can add links to your other social media profiles. Add the links and then the program automatically adds the graphic for the social media site.
7. Fantastic analytics page includes how many times your page gets viewed. It also keeps track of how often each link is clicked, which can be great for A/B testing.
8. There’s no limit to how many links you can include on your page.
Cons of Lnk.bio
1. With the free option, you can only get a random URL – they’re pretty much forcing you to pay for the service
2. There doesn’t appear to be an easy way to upgrade once you select your plan.
How much does Lnk.bio Cost?
This Linktree alternative comes with a few different payment tiers. There’s an always free option, a $0.99 per month option, $9.99 for life option, and a $24.99 for life option. (Yes, it appears that for the last two you only pay once.)
The payment options are a little strange. I personally went ahead and got the $9.99 for life option. In my opinion, not having a branded URL is a non-starter and I’m not sure paying $0.99 per month when you can pay $9.99 once makes any sense
Winner winner, chicken dinner!
Pricing oddities aside, I love Lnk.bio and think it’s the best of all of the Linktree alternatives. In fact, I love Lnk.bio so much that this is the program I’ve decided to stick with for the time being.
Preview my URL: https://manylink.co/@ohsheblogs
ManyLink is easy to set up and you can have your new link on your Instagram profile in a matter of minutes. There aren’t any bells and whistles, but you certainly can’t beat the price tag!
Pros of Manylink
1. Personalize with a photo
2. Includes email contact link, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube links.
3. Choose from basic color themes
4. Easily add links
5. Stats will show how many people click each individual link.
Cons of Manylink
1. Very basic interface and no opportunities for customization
2. The link interface is bulky
3. Colors are a little too basic and really only add a highlight to the link box
4. If accessed on a mobile device, the ManyLink branding on your personalized page is overwhelming and it’s not immediately obvious that links will be available.
5. Too much ManyLink branding
How much does Manylink Cost?
While this is easily the cheapest of the Linktree alternatives – and there isn’t any mention of them launching a paid option – I’d recommend sticking with the free version of Linktree.
Preview my URL: https://tap.bio/@ohsheblogs
Instead of one page with various links, Tap Bio allows you to create multiple pages that people can scroll through. Each page can feature a blog post, or you can have a collection of links. While the idea is great and Tap Bio has great potential, at this point, it’s not very fleshed out and it’s frustrating to use. However, it’s brand new so I wouldn’t be surprised to see this product become one of the chief Linktree alternatives in the future.
Pros of Tap Bio
1. You can customize profile button colors to fit your branding
2. Ability to add a different background photo to every card
Cons of Tap Bio
1. It’s not particularly intuitive, so getting started is a little confusing
2. You need to know what order you want your cards to appear as reordering them doesn’t currently seem to be possible. I gave up on reordering so you can see on my link that my cards are all out of order.
3. Because you need to scroll between pages, which none of the other Linktree alternatives offer, there could be a bit of a learning curve for your followers.
How much does Tap Bio Cost?
Tap Bio is currently free, though I did see them reference paid plans, so I assume they will roll those out when they work out the kinks and get more people on board.
Keep an eye on Tap Bio because it has the possibility of being huge, but I wouldn’t recommend switching to this Linktree alternative quite yet.
Create Your Own!
These Linktree alternatives make it easy to create a landing page that you can share in your Instagram bio link, but you can also create your own page pretty easily!
Basically, all you need to do is create a new page on your blog that contains the information you want to share and then link to that in your Instagram bio. Then, every time there’s something new you want people to be able to access from Instagram, update the page on your blog. Lindsey Allen Designs has a great tutorial for how to create your own Instagram page in Squarespace.
Pros of creating your own Instagram landing page
1. You have full control
Cons of creating your own Instagram landing page
1. You have full control
How much does it cost to create your own landing page?
Free! You can do this with any system. All it takes is a little technical know-how.
Creating your own Instagram landing page might be a great idea for those of you with creative vision. You’ll have full control and can make the page look any way you want. But, if design isn’t your thing, using one of the Linktree alternatives listed above is probably the way to go.
These are all great tools
Whether you choose to go with Linktree or one of the Linktree alternatives listed above, finding a way to make the most of your Instagram bio link is a must. The profile space is so short, but properly utilizing that link will allow you more space to express yourself and let potential followers know what you’re about. In blog terms, that Instagram bio link is the equivalent of an about page. If you want more Instagram followers, without resorting to the Instagram follow/unfollow method, succinctly showing your audience what you’re about is a must.
Do tell: What do you love about Linktree? Are you using one of these Linktree alternatives – or possibly one I haven’t mentioned? If so, let me know what you love about it!
Latest posts by Lisa Koivu (see all)
- 5 Tools That Will Make You a Better Writer - July 31, 2018
- Linktree and Linktree Alternatives: Spruce Up Your Instagram Bio - July 16, 2018
- Lyrical Host: Managed WordPress Hosting for Bloggers - July 5, 2018